BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
The Cove is open and operating within a Covid-secure plan, following guidance from the government and taking the utmost care to look after our guests and crew in the coming months.
As guidance shifts, our plan will evolve. Please check back regularly to know what to expect during your stay. We wish to remind our guests to check the opening times and availability of attractions and restaurants in the area as they may change unexpectedly.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Cove.
Further lockdowns? Your booking is safe.
As we adapt to the uncertainties of Covid-19, we understand that plans are going to have to change occasionally. That’s why we’ve amended our booking policies to include no-fuss flexi bookings.
If we are required to temporarily close the Cove for any reason, or if you live in a lockdown-affected area your booking is safe. We will work with you to modify your stay dates to another time of your choosing, no matter which rate you booked on or how soon you were due to visit. If the new dates are on sale at a higher rate, we will not ask you to pay the difference.
OUR COVID-SECURE PLAN
The Cove is a small property with only 14 apartments that are well spaced out across the grounds at the Cove in the historic main building and two modern wings, making it easy for our guests and crew to maintain social distancing.
We have devised a range of measures in accordance with government guidelines in order to provide comfort and safety to our guests.
- Face coverings are mandatory in all public areas across the Cove for guests and team members.
- No form check-in to minimise contact during check in.
- In peak periods guests may be allocated arrival timeslots during check-in to minimise queuing, if applicable this will be advised to you prior to arrival
- One guest from each party will collect room keys from reception
- Sanitised keys will be presented in envelopes
- Social distancing floor and wall markers may be in place to assist guests
- Touch points across the Cove and in rooms will be minimised and subject to regular cleaning
- One person at a time in toilets in public areas
- Automatic check-out, keys may be returned to the key box on reception upon departure
- Every guest room is deep cleaned after each stay, while public areas and corridors will be sanitised throughout the day
Swimming Pool and Spa
- These facilities will be made available in accordance with government guidelines, for Cove guests only, with strict capacities.
- A maximum of 6 people are allowed in the swimming pool and terrace at any one time.
- In peak periods, to ensure social distancing a swimming pool reservation system may be implemented, if applicable this will be advised to you on arrival
- We are currently unable to open certain facilities due to government guidelines. If you are unsure of current restrictions, please call ahead to discuss with our reservations crew. At present this includes the Sauna and Massage and Treatment room, which will remain closed until further notice
Our usual procedures have been rebuilt from the ground up, with improved hygiene levels a key practice. The below are just some of the additional steps we are taking.
- All indoor areas such as entrance lobbies, corridors and staircases, are cleaned with a disinfectant twice daily
- Outdoor furniture around the swimming pool and other areas is cleaned with a disinfectant twice daily
- Sanitiser wipes for guest use are available to clean phones or credit cards
- Hand sanitisers are provided at regular intervals throughout the public areas for crew and guest use.
- Regular training sessions are held to ensure all crew are operating under these new procedures and fully aware of upgraded hygiene standards